In its 2022 Regular Session, the General Assembly made a number of changes in the statutes that affect public education in Connecticut. This workshop is intended to give public and charter school personnel an overview of some of these changes.
WHEN: Tuesday, September 20, 2022 7:30 AM – 10:00 AM EDT, Hybrid event available in person and on Zoom
WHERE: In-person at Shipman & Goodwin LLP
One Constitution Plaza
Hartford, CT. 06103
This workshop will be a hybrid event, and you are welcome to attend in-person or join us on Zoom. Registration is required for both in-person and zoom attendance. This is a live event, and will not be recorded. Those choosing to attend by Zoom will be sent a link a few days prior to the event.
Workshop topics include changes regarding the following:
- Mental and physical health services in school
- Student truancy and behavioral health interventions
- Withholding time devoted to physical exercise as a form of student discipline
- Curriculum requirements
- Menstrual products in student bathrooms
- Opioid antagonists in schools
- Paraeducator professional development
- Sexual abuse and assault awareness and prevention
- Behavior intervention meetings
- Employee freedom of speech
- Minimum duty-free lunch periods for teachers
- Professional educator certification
- Domestic violence victims as a protected class
- And more…
>> Download the 2022 Education Legislation Summary
Parking will be validated for those attending in person. We look forward to seeing you at this complimentary workshop.
*Please contact us in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org if there will be more than 4 attending in person from your district. We reserve the right to register only clients and prospective clients of the firm.