With summer just around the corner, summer camps and youth services providers are making preparations for the fast-approaching camp season. We invite you to join Linda Yoder and Leander Dolphin on May 13th, for a webinar discussion of the Americans with Disabilities Act’s (ADA) application to camp and other youth programs, and a review of top tips to consider, including accommodations, modifications of policies and procedures, provision of auxiliary aids, and safety concerns.
We will cover frequently asked questions such as:
- Who is considered “disabled” under the ADA?
- Is our summer camp or youth services program required to comply with the ADA?
- How do we determine if our organization’s programs, buildings and grounds are ADA accessible?
- How do we respond to requests for accommodation?
- Are we required to modify policies and procedures?
- How do we determine whether an accommodation is reasonable?
- What if there are competing and conflicting requests for accommodation?
- How do we respond to safety concerns?
- What steps can we take to ensure that our contracts protect us from liability or other concerns?
Who should attend: Camp Directors, Summer Athletics Program Directors, Risk Management Personnel, Human Resource Professionals, Facilities Managers and Personnel
When: May 13, 2015 from 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM