On February 10th, Peter Maher will co-present the seminar, “Lawfully Managing Student Records Without Violating Privacy Rights”. The seminar is presented by the National Business Institute (NBI), which provides Continuing Legal Education for professionals. The seminar will focus on the following areas:
- Determining what does and what doesn’t count as a student record.
- Understanding key protective legislation including, the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and the Pupil Privacy Rights Amendment (PPRA).
- Employing failsafe measures for correct record retention and destruction.
- Factoring in other laws impacting FERPA and PPRA, so you can protect privacy when dealing with records.
- Following required procedures when amending education records.
- Addressing Electronic Security Issues and School Policies.
- Reviewing sample records to understand what each of the documents are, which records to maintain and how to amend them.
Click here for more information and to register.